- 2019 Renewal Form
- CE Reporting Form
- Pre-Approved Provider List (Updated June 2019)
- Approved CE - Ongoing & On-Demand Activities
- Approved CE Activities (2018-19 License Year)
- Continuing Education Approval Form (FILLABLE PDF)
- Instructions for Completing CE Approval Form
- Guidelines for CE
- Rules of CE 21 NCAC 21.0400
- Proof of Attendance for Providers
As of June 1, 2017, the NC Board for Licensing of Geologists has a continuing education (CE) requirement. Licensees must obtain 12 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) of geologic education each license year in order to renew their license*. Licensees may earn up to 12 additional hours to be carried over into the next license year. Licensees should report their completed CE to the Board using the CE Reporting Form (in the Download Center) prior to completing their individual license renewal (due June 30).
*New licensees by way of examination are exempt from the CE requirement for their first license renewal. New licensees by comity are required to report 12 PDHs with their first renewal.
CE Activities must either be approved individually by this Board or be sponsored by one of the entities on the List of Pre-Approved Providers.
- Activities completed with a Pre-Approved Provider must be geological in nature. If you attend an event sponsored by one of these entities that is geological in nature, you do not need to make application for approval. However, you are encouraged to apply for CE credit if you are unsure if an activity is sufficiently geology-focused. A List of Pre-Approved CE Providers is available in the Download Center.
- If you complete a CE Activity with an organization that is not a Pre-Approved Provider, you may check the list of Approved CE Activities to see if it has already been approved, or complete a Continuing Education Approval Form to be reviewed by the CE Committee and the Board. The list of Approved CE Activities will be updated as new activities are approved.
- You should retain some type of documentation of attendance/completion for all CE activities, in case you are included in the random audit of CE.
The forms located in the Download Center on this page will be helpful resources to assist licensees in complying with the CE requirement. We expect to have online application for CE in the near future.
If you have suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact the Board office.