- Memo Regarding COVID-19 and CE
- Guidelines for CE
- CE Activity Log (Reporting Form)
- Pre-Approved Provider List (Updated Aug. 2020)
- Approved CE Activities
- Application for CE Approval
- Instructions for Completing CE Approval Form
- Rules of CE 21 NCAC 21.0400
- Proof of Attendance for Providers
- Renewal Form 2020
**CONTINUING EDUCATION NOTICE**
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the NC Board for Licensing of Geologists voted to waive the continuing education requirement for the 2019-2020 license period (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020). Up to 24 PDH earned during the 2019-2020 license period, including carry over CE from the previous period (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019), that was reported with the 2020-2021 license renewal (due June 30, 2020), will be applied to the 2021-2022 license renewal (due June 30, 2021).
To view the full announcement, click here.
- - - - - - -
As of June 1, 2017, the NC Board for Licensing of Geologists has a continuing education (CE) requirement. Licensees must obtain 12 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) of geologic education each license year in order to renew their license*. Licensees may earn up to 12 additional hours to be carried over into the next license year. Licensees should report their completed CE to the Board using the CE Reporting Form (in the Download Center) prior to completing their individual license renewal (due June 30).
*New licensees by way of examination are exempt from the CE requirement for their first license renewal. New licensees by comity are required to report 12 PDHs with their first renewal.
CE Activities must either be approved individually by this Board or be sponsored by one of the entities on the List of Pre-Approved Providers.
- Activities completed with a Pre-Approved Provider must be geological in nature. If you attend an event sponsored by one of these entities that is geological in nature, you do not need to make application for approval. However, you are encouraged to apply for CE credit if you are unsure if an activity is sufficiently geology-focused. A List of Pre-Approved CE Providers is available in the Download Center.
- If you complete a CE Activity with an organization that is not a Pre-Approved Provider, you may check the list of Approved CE Activities to see if it has already been approved, or complete a Continuing Education Approval Form to be reviewed by the CE Committee and the Board. The list of Approved CE Activities is updated as new activities are approved.
- You should retain some type of documentation of attendance/completion for all CE activities, in case you are included in the random audit of CE.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact the Board office.