- Individual License/Exam Application Guidelines
- Application Instructions
- Geology Course Guidelines
- Application for Individual License
- Corporate License Requirements
- Application for Corporate License
- Application for Corporate License - PLLC
- Experience Data Sheet
- Professional Reference Form
- Employment Verification Form
- Individual Reinstatement Application
- Corporate Reinstatement Application
- Application to Change Corporate Name or Licensed Geologist in Charge
- Subcontracting Advisory Statement
- Licensing Presentation
Applications for individual and corporate geology license and all supplementary forms are available in the Download Center of this page. Applications are reviewed by the Board at its quarterly Board Meetings. Please refer to the Meetings page to determine when your application will be reviewed. Applications and supporting documentation must be received in the Board office at least one week prior to the Board meeting.
Individuals interested in taking the ASBOG® Examination should complete the Application for Individual License. Those who are applying for Part 1 (Fundamentals of Geology) of the exam only are not required to submit references or employment verifications. Individuals applying for Part 2 (Practice of Geology) must complete the entire application and submit all supporting documentation. All applications must be notarized.
The Board shall issue a license for military trained applicant seeking licensure as a geologist in North Carolina upon the applicant demonstrating the qualifications as prescribed by the provisions of Gen. Stat. § 93 B-15.1: Criteria for Military Trained & Military Spouse Applicants
Completed applications and supplementary material should be sent to:
PO Box 41225
Raleigh, NC 27629
Please send overnight deliveries to
3733 Benson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609
The Board will also accept supplementary material (including official electronic transcripts) via email at email@example.com.
The Board’s telephone number is (919) 850-9669;
the facsimile number is (919) 872-1598.
The Board’s e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org